Fun Facts Dolphins
- Dolphins are mammals; this means that they nurse their babies with milk from the mothers.
- Dolphins can swim up to 260 m. below the surface of the ocean.
- Dolphins can stay up to 15 minutes under water, but they cannot breath under the water.
- Dolphins use a technique called echolocation to find food and navigate.
- Dolphins live in groups formed by 10 to 12 individuals.
- There are 36 different kinds of ocean dolphins and 5 species of river dolphins.
- The largest dolphin is the “killer whale” (also known as Orca).
- The most known dolphin is the “ bottlenose dolphin”.
- Dolphins are warm-blooded.
- Dolphins communicate through sounds and whistles.
- Dolphins eat fish and squid.
Learn How to Draw a Dolphin
Make a Dolphin Puzzle
Print Dolphin Coloring Pages
There are many types of dolphins! Here is a great resource that shows pictures and facts about all the different dolphins species.